Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2016   #1 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 81
Carmen Beer Company

Anyone tried The Carmen Beer Company n Playacat
1952BSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #2 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 89
Yeah we've been there, it's ok. Very clean and big. Not a huge selection of beers but a nice enough variety, they were just starting out when we went so I'm sure they'll have more and more.

You can order pizzas from next door which is nice also and they were doing BBQ chicken wings one night we were there.
chebyrashka74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #3 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by chebyrashka74 View Post
Yeah we've been there, it's ok. Very clean and big. Not a huge selection of beers but a nice enough variety, they were just starting out when we went so I'm sure they'll have more and more.

You can order pizzas from next door which is nice also and they were doing BBQ chicken wings one night we were there.
The BBQ chicken wings were (still are?) being supplied by Cowboy John.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #4 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,768
Do they have Ceiba beers and Patito beers in Playa.

Ceiba makes a very nice Tropical Stout
roni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #5 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 81
Cowboy John

Is john still at Bad Boys? He was a tad pissed at Wah Wahs last I talked to hom
1952BSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952BSA View Post
Is john still at Bad Boys? He was a tad pissed at Wah Wahs last I talked to hom
Bad Boys sadly is no more.
Here is Cowboys FB
https://www.facebook.com/cowboyssmokehouse/?fref=ts

Last edited by canadiense loco; 11-29-2016 at 07:29 PM..
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #7 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 269
Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiense loco View Post
Bad Boys sadly is no more.
Here is Cowboys FB
https://www.facebook.com/cowboyssmokehouse/?fref=ts
Seems a tad outdated ?
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #8 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952BSA View Post
Is john still at Bad Boys? He was a tad pissed at Wah Wahs last I talked to hom
that´s one way to put it.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #9 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 302
I assume they brew their own beer, do you know if they have a good IPA? I'll be checking it out in Dec.
mwhite981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #10 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 81
Ipa

I'm in January so you'll be able to tell me
1952BSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #11 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952BSA View Post
I'm in January so you'll be able to tell me
I'll be in town until the 9th of Jan, if your there I'll buy you one.
mwhite981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016   #12 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite981 View Post
I assume they brew their own beer, do you know if they have a good IPA? I'll be checking it out in Dec.
Yes, they brew in house with a fairly large 10 barrel system (I think). They also have a still that they need to get setup and going so there should be "booze" in the future. Last I knew there was an IPA on tap.
reddogmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016   #13 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite981 View Post
I assume they brew their own beer, do you know if they have a good IPA? I'll be checking it out in Dec.
Some folks in Mexico pronounce that "eepah"
roni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016   #14 (permalink)
añejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmax View Post
Yes, they brew in house with a fairly large 10 barrel system (I think). They also have a still that they need to get setup and going so there should be "booze" in the future. Last I knew there was an IPA on tap.
looks like a good place to visit this winter
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016   #15 (permalink)
ruined
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 81
Carmen Beer Company

Attachment 12861
How much further to Carmen Beer Company?

Last edited by 1952BSA; 12-11-2016 at 06:37 PM..
1952BSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.