Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017   #1 (permalink)
way into it
 
sonya_thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 246
Anyone used loQsea online for grocery delivery?

I am thinking of using loQsea online for an initial grocery delivery so that our condo be stocked up with immediate essentials upon our arrival. I learned the lesson last year that when getting up at 3am to catch an early flight, the last thing I want to do is navigate grocery shopping on day one. I saw them reviewed on the EverythingPlaya site, and it looks like a great service. I could not find a few standard items on their online order form, so emailed them about the items. Was advised to make a note on my order of exactly what we want but could not find on the order form (ex. Diet Dr. Pepper) and was told it would be no problem this to add to the order. Anyone have experience with this aspect of ordering?
sonya_thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #2 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,544
We've used them for Costco runs. They are great.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #3 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
57Pleasant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bridgewater, MA
Posts: 11
What a great idea -- thanks for asking the question. I just placed an order for our arrival on Sunday, Feb. 5th. We have always headed to Mega the minute we arrive.... exhausted and hungry. I'm hoping this works out well. I'll post comments once our order is delivered.
57Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #4 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Pleasant View Post
What a great idea -- thanks for asking the question. I just placed an order for our arrival on Sunday, Feb. 5th. We have always headed to Mega the minute we arrive.... exhausted and hungry. I'm hoping this works out well. I'll post comments once our order is delivered.
Outstanding! We arrive 2/11 and that has been our routine on every trip as well. Have already registered with them and will look for your feedback.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #5 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
57Pleasant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bridgewater, MA
Posts: 11
I noticed on small hiccup already. On the final confirmation after placing the order, it listed our US address as "Delivery Address". I had to laugh at the thought of this food being delivered to the US while we are in Mexico. Anyway, I logged into my account and viewed my order and it has our Playa address for the delivery. I also emailed them just for confirmation....guess I'll wait and see
57Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #6 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Pleasant View Post
I noticed on small hiccup already. On the final confirmation after placing the order, it listed our US address as "Delivery Address". I had to laugh at the thought of this food being delivered to the US while we are in Mexico. Anyway, I logged into my account and viewed my order and it has our Playa address for the delivery. I also emailed them just for confirmation....guess I'll wait and see
That would certainly have been less than ideal (also likely would have taken about 6mos to get there!)
Noticed your Bridgewater location- we're in Warwick. Are you long term to the area? Know any Mitchells around there (there are quite a few as i recall)
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #7 (permalink)
Resident Moderator

 
Susie Q Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Q Roo
Posts: 17,620
I LOVE them for Costco deliveries! Whatever they charge has to be cheaper than the gas and traffic headache to get there and back from Paamul.
Susie Q Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #8 (permalink)
toe in water
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 57
their prices seem quite a bit higher than Mega or Walmart for grocery items. Walmart also delivers, 1st delivery free, 35 pesos after that. you can pay by cash, card, or paypal and it's hard to beat their prices.
preya001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #9 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by preya001 View Post
their prices seem quite a bit higher than Mega or Walmart for grocery items. Walmart also delivers, 1st delivery free, 35 pesos after that. you can pay by cash, card, or paypal and it's hard to beat their prices.
They charge Mega prices from Mega or Walmart prices from Walmart plus a service charge.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017   #10 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 73
How do you order from Walmart? Is there a website?
deetee1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017   #11 (permalink)
adw
toe in water
 
adw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya_thomas View Post
I am thinking of using loQsea online for an initial grocery delivery so that our condo be stocked up with immediate essentials upon our arrival. I learned the lesson last year that when getting up at 3am to catch an early flight, the last thing I want to do is navigate grocery shopping on day one. I saw them reviewed on the EverythingPlaya site, and it looks like a great service. I could not find a few standard items on their online order form, so emailed them about the items. Was advised to make a note on my order of exactly what we want but could not find on the order form (ex. Diet Dr. Pepper) and was told it would be no problem this to add to the order. Anyone have experience with this aspect of ordering?
We used them this past December. They were on time, everything I ordered was correct and the delivery guy was really nice we will definitely use them in the future.
adw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017   #12 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
57Pleasant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bridgewater, MA
Posts: 11
We received our order yesterday... everything worked out great. They had to make a couple of substitutions ie. Absolute Vodka for Finlandia. The produce I ordered was very good quality. The prices are probably a bit more than what you would pay at Mega/Walmart. There is a $12 US delivery/handling fee and also a tip if you choose.

Our flight from Miami was delayed due to brake and tire issue -- we sat on the tarmac for 3 hrs while the plane was jacked up and repairs where made. I sent an email to loQsea to change the time of our delivery. Not sure if they received it as I also contacted the property manager for the condo we are staying at. I gave her my order number and loQsea phone number and she handled all of the arrangements for a new delivery time.

loQsea delivery person was arrived on time and friendly. I would certainly use them again.
57Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017   #13 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
VidaPlaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 11
We were on vacation there in the area a couple weeks ago and have used them now two years in a row. They are very good to deal with and I was in constant communication with them via whatsapp. We had a rather large grocery order for 6 people staying for one week and the only snag was the brand of beer we purchased was wrong. The delivery woman was quick to remedy it but leaving and substituting our choice within the hour. Highly recommended.
VidaPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017   #14 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Buggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: on an island in the sea.....
Posts: 8,241
Do they deliver to Puerto Morelos for the same $12USD fee?

Edit- Found the contact feature and asked them myself. I'll let you know what they say. They're so cheap compared to other grocery delivery services in the area!

Last edited by Buggirl; 02-08-2017 at 05:47 PM..
Buggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017   #15 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Buggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: on an island in the sea.....
Posts: 8,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggirl View Post
Do they deliver to Puerto Morelos for the same $12USD fee?

Edit- Found the contact feature and asked them myself. I'll let you know what they say. They're so cheap compared to other grocery delivery services in the area!
200 peso extra fee to PM, FYI.

Some of the beer/tequila prices seem high- are they, or are my expectations out of line?
Buggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.