Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2017   #16 (permalink)
aņejo
 
WaterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 2,250
Thanks Rissask. United did have the customs forms available for us, but no immigration forms. I'd filled out the forms and printed off beforehand. Have to admit, I felt pretty smug walking by all those filing our their forms.

The immigration officer checking us was apparently new, as she got up with our forms to discuss them with someone, when the officer in the next station saw what she was doing and told her that our forms were acceptable.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #17 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
Thanks Rissask. United did have the customs forms available for us, but no immigration forms. I'd filled out the forms and printed off beforehand. Have to admit, I felt pretty smug walking by all those filing our their forms.

The immigration officer checking us was apparently new, as she got up with our forms to discuss them with someone, when the officer in the next station saw what she was doing and told her that our forms were acceptable.

Good to hear you had no issues too. Our experience was similar- they did a bit of a double-take, but not problem.

I don't think they are running out of the Customs forms as often, but I have read of that happening too, on TA. You obviously can't really fill it out until that day, but you can print one off and take it with you in case.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #18 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
mstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
Here is the link to the Customs form, too:

http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fi...A30_ingles.pdf
Oooh. I wonder if they'll accept a home-printed form without grief? Being able to print it out, all filled in, ahead of time would be wonderful!
mstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #19 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
mstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 446
Found a Word document (for some strange reason, since official forms probably shouldn't be posted that way) for those who have difficulty editing a .pdf.

http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fi.../D2ingles.docx

rissask, how did you find the .pdf form?
mstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #20 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Found a Word document (for some strange reason, since official forms probably shouldn't be posted that way) for those who have difficulty editing a .pdf.

http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fi.../D2ingles.docx

rissask, how did you find the .pdf form?
the link was in a TA thread.

I can't open your link- it asks for credentials? (as it should- you are right, no way should they have a Word doc for all to see, read-only or not. ahhh, Mexico! )
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #21 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
of course, I can convert the PDF to a Word doc, so I guess it makes no difference, these days.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #22 (permalink)
aņejo
 
WaterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
the link was in a TA thread.

I can't open your link- it asks for credentials? (as it should- you are right, no way should they have a Word doc for all to see, read-only or not. ahhh, Mexico! )
Not me. Windows 7 asks if I want to open or save it - no problems opening it.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #23 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
ok, weird, I just tried again and it opened this time fine. It's not great quality though, the pdf printed better for me.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017   #24 (permalink)
way into it
 
AZGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 219
No forms on board American when we flew in last Saturday. Picked up my Father in Law Wednesday and same thing.

Definitely going to try this next time...
AZGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017   #25 (permalink)
into ruins
 
JackieMRP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 77
We just successfully used the online Immigration form flying into CUN on 04/30. The flight attendant (on AA) was quite relieved that my husband, our friend & I all filled out & printed the online form since they didn't have enough forms for everyone on the plane.

The agent didn't question that we didn't have the hand-written form. As someone else suggested, I folded the forms then creased them several times w/ my fingernail to make ripping the form easier for the agent.

Conversely, the online Customs form (that you print out, then hand write) was a no-go !! The red light/green light guy said, no, go fill out the real form. But, apparently that wont matter for much longer since they're doing away w/ that !!
JackieMRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017   #26 (permalink)
way into it
 
AZGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 219
I just did my form online. Worked great from my laptop--but no so good from my iPad.

Thanks for the tip on the Red Light/Green Light form.

How long until we can just download the form to our Apple Wallet?
AZGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017   #27 (permalink)
aņejo
 
WaterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMRP View Post
We just successfully used the online Immigration form flying into CUN on 04/30. The flight attendant (on AA) was quite relieved that my husband, our friend & I all filled out & printed the online form since they didn't have enough forms for everyone on the plane.

The agent didn't question that we didn't have the hand-written form. As someone else suggested, I folded the forms then creased them several times w/ my fingernail to make ripping the form easier for the agent.

Conversely, the online Customs form (that you print out, then hand write) was a no-go !! The red light/green light guy said, no, go fill out the real form. But, apparently that wont matter for much longer since they're doing away w/ that !!
The form will live on, I'm sure, but the lights will go by the wayside in favor of x-rays.

As the customs agents become more familiar with them, they'll probably be more widely accepted.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017   #28 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
Quote:
Conversely, the online Customs form (that you print out, then hand write) was a no-go !! The red light/green light guy said, no, go fill out the real form. But, apparently that wont matter for much longer since they're doing away w/ that !!

I had a PM from someone on TA saying the same thing- they had no problem with the Immigration forms being accepted, but the Customs one was not and they had to fill one out there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
The form will live on, I'm sure, but the lights will go by the wayside in favor of x-rays.

As the customs agents become more familiar with them, they'll probably be more widely accepted.

Very well might be the case.



I have read several more stories recently of the forms not being available on the planes so it's strongly encouraged to fill these out online before your trip.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017   #29 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
crmoores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finger Lakes & Playa!
Posts: 374
Asking this question here as well, does anyone know if the "official" custom forms are available at the gate or elsewhere at US airports? I've never seen them but have never really looked.
crmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017   #30 (permalink)
aņejo
 
WaterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmoores View Post
Asking this question here as well, does anyone know if the "official" custom forms are available at the gate or elsewhere at US airports? I've never seen them but have never really looked.
They used to be, (at the gate, and/or on the plane), but as with the immigration forms, it's now hit and miss. I do think that the customs forms are more readily available than the immigration forms, though.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.