Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #61 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 28
Thanks all.

We fly into Cozumel. There is always a pile of the custom forms at a small standing desk right next to the luggage carousal after immigration.
casadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #62 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
mstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by casadiva View Post
We fly into Cozumel. There is always a pile of the custom forms at a small standing desk right next to the luggage carousal after immigration.
Thanks. I'll check that out when I return.
mstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #63 (permalink)
reposado
 
sonofdob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: in the wind...
Posts: 1,416
Just got back from the Pacific coast... flew through PVR...did both FMM and Customs Declaration on line.

FMM was readily accepted at Immigration without issue however the Customs agent refused to accept the Customs Declaration and insisted on us completing the version she had on hand.

I showed her that both forms were identical but she would not budge...
sonofdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #64 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 25
sonofdob,

For the Customs form, did you use the link in Post #15 (that's the .pdf form), or the link in Post #46?

I've heard from other travellers that form generated from the link in Post #15 has not been accepted by Customs.

Only the form from link in Post #46 has been accepted by Customs.
MisterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #65 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 298
I used the one in post 15 and filled it in by hand. It is the customs form handed in at the second stop. People may have presented it at the first stop after a few beers on the plane. The immigration form in fillable on line and it registered. Both worked well for me two weeks ago.
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #66 (permalink)
reposado
 
sonofdob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: in the wind...
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNSol View Post
I used the one in post 15 and filled it in by hand. It is the customs form handed in at the second stop. People may have presented it at the first stop after a few beers on the plane. The immigration form in fillable on line and it registered. Both worked well for me two weeks ago.
MsNSol...um...no...after all these years travelling to Mexico I am pretty clear as to which is Immigration and which is Customs...even with several aircraft beverages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
sonofdob,

For the Customs form, did you use the link in Post #15 (that's the .pdf form), or the link in Post #46?

I've heard from other travellers that form generated from the link in Post #15 has not been accepted by Customs.

Only the form from link in Post #46 has been accepted by Customs.
MisterB...I did not use either...went direct to sat.gob.mex for both the FMM and the Customs Declaration.

We'll try again in Feb and see how it goes......sonofdob
sonofdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #67 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofdob View Post
MsNSol...um...no...after all these years travelling to Mexico I am pretty clear as to which is Immigration and which is Customs...even with several aircraft beverages...



MisterB...I did not use either...went direct to sat.gob.mex for both the FMM and the Customs Declaration.

We'll try again in Feb and see how it goes......sonofdob

Hmmm, the link I posted in Post #46 IS the sat.gob.mex link...

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carm...ml#post2191310

Interesting they wouldn't accept it, thanks for posting. The new process at Customs is going to make this a moot point anyway, soon.

I'm flying in under two weeks, I am not going to chance it and only doing the online FMM, there are usually customs forms on the plane, from what I read (or readily available at the customs area).
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #68 (permalink)
reposado
 
sonofdob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: in the wind...
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
Hmmm, the link I posted in Post #46 IS the sat.gob.mex link...

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carm...ml#post2191310

Interesting they wouldn't accept it, thanks for posting. The new process at Customs is going to make this a moot point anyway, soon.

I'm flying in under two weeks, I am not going to chance it and only doing the online FMM, there are usually customs forms on the plane, from what I read (or readily available at the customs area).
Plenty of Customs Forms available both on the aircraft and at the terminal...and only takes a minute to complete...just annoying that they would not accept the form that they provide from their official website......sonofdob
sonofdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #69 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofdob View Post
Plenty of Customs Forms available both on the aircraft and at the terminal...and only takes a minute to complete...just annoying that they would not accept the form that they provide from their official website......sonofdob
It certainly is!

It took Canadian screening personnel two years or more to get used to me bringing my duty free alcohol in my carry-on through security at my connecting airport, too. Bad communication!


Hopefully as more and more people do it, it will be more accepted. (or hopefully soon it will be like DF everywhere, no red/green light or forms needed at all! )
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.