Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2017   #1 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,232
The Clintons

It is becoming pretty obvious that the groundwork is being done to set up Chelsea Clinton to run for some political office or another. From buying a house to certain magazines and websites doing profile pieces, the behind the scenes machinations are happening.

Personally, I think she lacks the brains and cunning of her mom and the gift of schmooze and BS of her dad. In fact, I can't think of one thing that would qualify her for any political office. Are we really a country of royal families? Do Democrats really want Chelsea Clinton to be one of their rising stars? Serious responses only, please. No "bitch" talk.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,588
Not me.
I can't imagine what she brings to the table.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #3 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Westallismiles
Posts: 347
I don't really have an opinion one way or another on her. Hard for anyone to say she lacks the brain or cunning when she hasn't really operated much in the political theater.

I don't have much interest in her as a candidate at this point.
Frank Stallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #4 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,554
She does not live in Minnesota, so I couldn't care less.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #5 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,214
She is smart. If she wants to run for Congress, that is fine.

May there always be a Kennedy, a Bush, a Romney and a Clinton in some level of USA politics.

Mitt is looking at running for the Senate from Utah.
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
melliedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 30,544
Not sure how anyone arrives at the assessment that she lacks brains? She grew up in the worst kind of beltway spotlight and developed a decent backbone, and even a bit of grace. She's a so-so public speaker: not great, not terrible. The only other things I know about her is that she graduated with honors from Stanford and has advanced degrees from Oxford.
melliedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #7 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 654
She also held an intern/news job at a network briefly that paid about 500k (access to the parents included) and she recently landed two Director positions (each at over 350k annually) that happened to be with companies run by a major Clinton donor. Don't forget her foundation work trading $$$$ for HRC access.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #8 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
It is becoming pretty obvious that the groundwork is being done to set up Chelsea Clinton to run for some political office or another. From buying a house to certain magazines and websites doing profile pieces, the behind the scenes machinations are happening.

Personally, I think she lacks the brains and cunning of her mom and the gift of schmooze and BS of her dad. In fact, I can't think of one thing that would qualify her for any political office. Are we really a country of royal families? Do Democrats really want Chelsea Clinton to be one of their rising stars? Serious responses only, please. No "bitch" talk.
Bill, or her real dad?
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #9 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by melliedee View Post
Not sure how anyone arrives at the assessment that she lacks brains? She grew up in the worst kind of beltway spotlight and developed a decent backbone, and even a bit of grace. She's a so-so public speaker: not great, not terrible. The only other things I know about her is that she graduated with honors from Stanford and has advanced degrees from Oxford.
I come to that conclusion based on listening to her opine on certain things and reading others. Maybe I should have gone with "clueless" but I am pretty comfortable with the claim that she is not as smart as her mom, which was my original contention.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #10 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
I come to that conclusion based on listening to her opine on certain things and reading others. Maybe I should have gone with "clueless" but I am pretty comfortable with the claim that she is not as smart as her mom, which was my original contention.
I suspect there may have been some bias on your part there.

The real evidence kinda disputes that conclusion.
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #11 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
I suspect there may have been some bias on your part there.

The real evidence kinda disputes that conclusion.
Ya think?
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #12 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
Ya think?
Maybe
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #13 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
I suspect there may have been some bias on your part there.

The real evidence kinda disputes that conclusion.

I would venture to say there is more of that on your end seeing as you have been a Clintonite since, well, forever. Didn't you support Hillary over Obama and say some rather nasty things about our ex-President during the primaries back then?

Please list one accomplishment of Ms. Chelsea Clinton that would qualify her for public office. A job, an executive position, an idea, anything.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #14 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
I would venture to say there is more of that on your end seeing as you have been a Clintonite since, well, forever. Didn't you support Hillary over Obama and say some rather nasty things about our ex-President during the primaries back then?

Please list one accomplishment of Ms. Chelsea Clinton that would qualify her for public office. A job, an executive position, an idea, anything.
Chelsea's academic and intelligence bonafides are well established, regardless of whether you like her not.

You may as well say that William Buckley was a dumb ass.

That would also be incorrect.
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #15 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mogley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,617
Being qualified for a public office is not a prerequisite to actually holding one.
Mogley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.