Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2017   #1 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Playa Del Carmen
Posts: 31
House cleaner Who Speaks English Fluently

Anyone know of a house cleaner who:
  1. Speaks English fluently
  2. Is reasonably priced?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by JohnnyBeGood; 06-23-2017 at 05:45 PM..
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,506
bruce sundance
loomis41973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #3 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
Anyone know of a house cleaner who:
  1. Speaks English fluently
  2. Is reasonably priced?

Thank you in advance.
How much over the going rate are you willing to pay for fluent English skills?
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #4 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Playa Del Carmen
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
bruce sundance
Haha...Bruce, the house cleaner.
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #5 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Playa Del Carmen
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
How much over the going rate are you willing to pay for fluent English skills?
Do you have someone in mind or are you asking a rhetorical question? How much difference is there? The request included English as a requirement, so what is the "going rate" for that?
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
Do you have someone in mind or are you asking a rhetorical question? How much difference is there? The request included English as a requirement, so what is the "going rate" for that?
His specialty ...
loomis41973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #7 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,013
roni is probably inquiring due to the fact that most bilingual people in the area are not cleaning houses for a living. The going rate for that level of English in a hotel would be around 5000-8000 pesos more a month depending on the job. You won't find many bilingual maids.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #8 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
roni is probably inquiring due to the fact that most bilingual people in the area are not cleaning houses for a living. The going rate for that level of English in a hotel would be around 5000-8000 pesos more a month depending on the job. You won't find many bilingual maids.
I guess I don't understand....... 5-8k pesos for 60+ hours on a hotel job is nothing compared to what one could make with regular customers in a tourist area.

Have a place in Bucerias (which is soon up for sale) and my maid, who takes care of four other places does quite well. We all overpay a bit but she is great and accessible 24/7/365.
loomis41973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #9 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
Haha...Bruce, the house cleaner.
Cheap shot.
I think we are not talkin´ about the same kind of cleaner here.
time to start a party.
Behave meanwhile.
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #10 (permalink)
reposado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
bruce sundance
you think that´s funny?
bruce sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017   #11 (permalink)
life=playa
 
DrewJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
Anyone know of a house cleaner who:
  1. Speaks English fluently
  2. Is reasonably priced?

Thank you in advance.

You can try this company https://angelathome.mx/


Like others have said, cleaners here rarely speak English. But this company's administrator speaks English, and usually drops off the cleaners and goes over everything to be done. 90 pesos an hour which is ok if you're just doing 1 - 3 cleanings a week. (If you want a full time person you'll pay between 1500 - 2200 a week, but good luck finding English!)
DrewJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017   #12 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
roni is probably inquiring due to the fact that most bilingual people in the area are not cleaning houses for a living. The going rate for that level of English in a hotel would be around 5000-8000 pesos more a month depending on the job. You won't find many bilingual maids.
I would consider PDS2 the expert on the cost of bilingual employees.

I definitely agree that a bilingual house cleaner would cost more than a house cleaner that is not bilingual. Ours is bilingual, but it is Spanish and Maya
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017   #13 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
PlayaWeatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Puerto Aventuras
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewJones View Post
You can try this company https://angelathome.mx/


Like others have said, cleaners here rarely speak English. But this company's administrator speaks English, and usually drops off the cleaners and goes over everything to be done. 90 pesos an hour which is ok if you're just doing 1 - 3 cleanings a week. (If you want a full time person you'll pay between 1500 - 2200 a week, but good luck finding English!)
Thanks for the information. Have you personally used their service? If so, did they do a good job?

---------------------------------------
Warm sun, pristine beaches and the sweet breezes of the Caribbean...follow PuertoDISE and Playa Weatherman on their adventures and experiences in the Riviera Maya!
PlayaWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017   #14 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Playa Del Carmen
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewJones View Post
You can try this company https://angelathome.mx/


Like others have said, cleaners here rarely speak English. But this company's administrator speaks English, and usually drops off the cleaners and goes over everything to be done. 90 pesos an hour which is ok if you're just doing 1 - 3 cleanings a week. (If you want a full time person you'll pay between 1500 - 2200 a week, but good luck finding English!)
DrewJones,

May the gifted gods of the oft' malevolent Mt. Olympus count you as an unpretentious peer and invite you to bottomless cups of alluring ambrosia.

I checked out the website, and it looks great.

If anybody has tried their services, please let us know.

And if all else fails, there's always Bruce.

Last edited by JohnnyBeGood; 06-24-2017 at 08:40 AM..
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017   #15 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
roni is probably inquiring due to the fact that most bilingual people in the area are not cleaning houses for a living. The going rate for that level of English in a hotel would be around 5000-8000 pesos more a month depending on the job. You won't find many bilingual maids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
I guess I don't understand....... 5-8k pesos for 60+ hours on a hotel job is nothing compared to what one could make with regular customers in a tourist area.

Have a place in Bucerias (which is soon up for sale) and my maid, who takes care of four other places does quite well. We all overpay a bit but she is great and accessible 24/7/365.
It was, I think 5-8k more, not 5-8k total.
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.