Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2017   #1 (permalink)
very sparkly
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN/Playa Del Carmen
Posts: 31
5th Ave Shooting

Someone told me there was a shooting at Tequila Barrel on 7-20-2017.

Can anyone confirm this or tell what happened?
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
beerbreath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 10,488
This could be devastating to Playa given what has also happened in the recent past.
beerbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #3 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,333
Please don't start threads with incorrect titles or misleading information based on something you heard from someone who knows someone else. No one was shot at the Tequila Barrel. Someone was shot but highly irresponsible to claim it was at the TB. Are you the new Playa 24 hour news trying to be the first to get the news out without knowing exactly what happened?
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #4 (permalink)
añejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,604
It was on 5th between 10th and 12th but had nothing to do with the Tequila Barrel. This is getting out of hand.
Babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #5 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
It was on 5th between 10th and 12th but had nothing to do with the Tequila Barrel. This is getting out of hand.
We have a reservation at Blue Palms condos for most of Thanksgiving week, bringing a friend who has never been to Mexico before. The thought has crossed my mind to cancel it and go to Isla Mujeres instead. I am no "Mexico crime" alarmist, but.....

We'll see if it is getting out of hand before too long.
roni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,557
Tequila Barrel? NOT

I agree with Babaloo. FAKE NEWS It is getting out of hand.
The shooting actually occurred on AV. 5 in front of HostalMX.
If you don't know of HostalMX, it is the building just north of 100% Natural Restaurant. Happened about 7:45pm. One executed...a dealer and not a blackjack dealer.
James or moderator need to change the title of this thread. Nothing to do with Tequila Barrel at all but the same street.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #7 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL View Post
I agree with Babaloo. FAKE NEWS It is getting out of hand.
The shooting actually occurred on AV. 5 in front of HostalMX.
If you don't know of HostalMX, it is the building just north of 100% Natural Restaurant. Happened about 7:45pm. One executed...a dealer and not a blackjack dealer.
James or moderator need to change the title of this thread. Nothing to do with Tequila Barrel at all but the same street.
What, do you have me on block? I called out the FAKE NEWS first. Agree with me. LOL
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #8 (permalink)
way into it
 
macman806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Farmers Branch, Texas
Posts: 109
Meh, we're going to Playa the second week in September and staying in a condo at the north end of 5th, I'm not worried. Not because of where I'm staying, I mean I'm not worried about staying in Playa.
macman806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #9 (permalink)
way into it
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 110
I may be missing some subtleties here, but it seems like semantics if it was "at the Tequila Barrel" or 50 meters away? The news seems accurate to within 50 meters, but not fake to me...
calgaryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #10 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
What, do you have me on block? I called out the FAKE NEWS first. Agree with me. LOL
No, you are not on BLOCK.............not yet anyway
No, your boy trump beat us to the use of FAKE NEWS.
Hey, you did not use the words FAKE NEWS!!
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #11 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryguy View Post
I may be missing some subtleties here, but it seems like semantics if it was "at the Tequila Barrel" or 50 meters away? The news seems accurate to within 50 meters, but not fake to me...
Reread the thread's title: Tequila Barrel Shooting = totally wrong.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #12 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman806 View Post
Meh, we're going to Playa the second week in September and staying in a condo at the north end of 5th, I'm not worried. Not because of where I'm staying, I mean I'm not worried about staying in Playa.
I'd be more worried (but still not much) about Dengue...pack your DEET.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #13 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
I'd be more worried (but still not much) about Dengue...pack your DEET.
Not at this particular time. Not much rain so not too many mosquitos. I have had dengue. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. On the other hand, I have never been to the Tequila Barrel.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #14 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL View Post
No, you are not on BLOCK.............not yet anyway
No, your boy trump beat us to the use of FAKE NEWS.
Hey, you did not use the words FAKE NEWS!!
WTF? My boy Trump? I am married to a Mexican and my kids are dual citizens. He is nor wlll ever be my boy. POS bigot can kiss my ass.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017   #15 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
WTF? My boy Trump? I am married to a Mexican and my kids are dual citizens. He is nor wlll ever be my boy. POS bigot can kiss my ass.
Just testing you. You had the correct answer. If I had another PINCHE TRUMP t shirt, I would give it to you. I always wear one when I travel within Mexico.
I have 3 trips planned to central Mexico this year. Taking in Tupataro (big rodeo September 28th), Irapuato, Leon, Morelia, Aguascalientes, Zacatecas, Lake Patzcuaro area, Queretaro and ???? over the 3 trips. Probably spend New Years in Irapuato or Leon. January 4th I am flying from Mexico City to Fort Lauderdale. Spending 2 weeks there including a cruise. Eight or so I my friends that live in Boca Raton, we try to do a cruise just after New Years ever year. This year's cruise is a 5 day cruise with only one Port-of-Call.........Cozumel . I guess that I will stay on the ship. I don't like Coz that much.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.