Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017   #1 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9
Tequila Barrel to open 4 Story Casino on 5th

We are sand and happy to announce that Tequila Barrel is closing, but will reopen later this year as the Tequila Barrel Bar and Casino!!!
Yes Tequila Barrel is evolving into a Casino with 4 floors, live tables including slot machines, video poker, black jack, roulette, craps and more, while still maintaining the Tequila Barrel party energy and relaxes fun atmosphere....
As we progress with the construction, we will post and keep you informed on our progress and evolution.
mcinbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #2 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
sanluisdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinbrass View Post
We are sand and happy to announce that Tequila Barrel is closing, but will reopen later this year as the Tequila Barrel Bar and Casino!!!
Yes Tequila Barrel is evolving into a Casino with 4 floors, live tables including slot machines, video poker, black jack, roulette, craps and more, while still maintaining the Tequila Barrel party energy and relaxes fun atmosphere....
As we progress with the construction, we will post and keep you informed on our progress and evolution.
might be a good idea.

Last edited by sanluisdavid; 08-01-2017 at 01:08 PM..
sanluisdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #3 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
dave&cindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisdavid View Post
I don't think that will be a very good idea if they currently have 3 competing cartels in the area who specialize in extortion. Sounds like a recipe for uptick in violence and crime in general.

I totally agree. Sounds like trouble to me and definitely a spot to avoid on 5th in my opinion . I realize it won't be everyone's opinion but with all the crap happing on 5th I just worry it will give them something to really fight over.
dave&cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #4 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinbrass View Post
We are sand and happy to announce that Tequila Barrel is closing, but will reopen later this year as the Tequila Barrel Bar and Casino!!!
Yes Tequila Barrel is evolving into a Casino with 4 floors, live tables including slot machines, video poker, black jack, roulette, craps and more, while still maintaining the Tequila Barrel party energy and relaxes fun atmosphere....
As we progress with the construction, we will post and keep you informed on our progress and evolution.
OLD NEWS

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carm...p-presses.html

And it IS NOT A four story casino. Two floors of gaming with the bar on the ground floor level and offices on the top floor.

Last edited by absoluteAL; 08-01-2017 at 11:54 AM..
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #5 (permalink)
añejo
 
Dan-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 5,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisdavid View Post
I don't think that will be a very good idea if they currently have 3 competing cartels in the area who specialize in extortion. Sounds like a recipe for uptick in violence and crime in general.
Agreed, casinos attract shady characters. And aren't casinos technically illegal in Mexico? If so, what does a big casino on 5th tell you about government corruption in QR?
Dan-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-0 View Post
Agreed, casinos attract shady characters. And aren't casinos technically illegal in Mexico? If so, what does a big casino on 5th tell you about government corruption in QR?

"casinos attract shady characters"
.........where are you talking about?

No they are not illegal. Four of five casino licenses were awarded this year, I believe. Hard Rock received one of the licenses as did the T.B.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #7 (permalink)
añejo
 
beerbreath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 10,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisdavid View Post
I don't think that will be a very good idea if they currently have 3 competing cartels in the area who specialize in extortion. Sounds like a recipe for uptick in violence and crime in general.
Agree.
beerbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #8 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,816
Sometimes extortion can be viewed as a non-governmental tax - part of the cost of doing business.
roni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #9 (permalink)
sandflea
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL View Post
OLD NEWS

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carm...p-presses.html

And it IS NOT A four story casino. Two floors of gaming with the bar on the ground floor level and offices on the top floor.
Yea but my thread is better than yours
mcinbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #10 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL View Post
OLD NEWS

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carm...p-presses.html

And it IS NOT A four story casino. Two floors of gaming with the bar on the ground floor level and offices on the top floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinbrass View Post
Yea but my thread is better than yours
roni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #11 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinbrass View Post
Yea but my thread is better than yours

Four story casino
Do you know much about the casino business
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #12 (permalink)
añejo
 
beerbreath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 10,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
Sometimes extortion can be viewed as a non-governmental tax - part of the cost of doing business.
Yes Godfather.
beerbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #13 (permalink)
way into it
 
AZGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 200
Is mcinbrass affiliated with the TB? From the original post it looks like it. If so, shouldn't he know how many floors the casino will be????
AZGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #14 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 74,816
So we can go there and gamble and drink and eat and be picked up by pretty girls and boys? All cheaper than WalMart?
roni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #15 (permalink)
añejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGonzo View Post
Is mcinbrass affiliated with the TB? From the original post it looks like it. If so, shouldn't he know how many floors the casino will be????
I will let him answer that but my exterior rendering shows a bar on the ground floor level. I guess that the sportsbook could still be in the rear.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.