Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2017   #1 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 1,568
Should all Monuments be removed ?

This is getting out of hand. Its American history

I am sure some would be happy if every Statue ,Monument , etc,,

was melted down or removed .
steve balt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve balt View Post
This is getting out of hand. Its American history

I am sure some would be happy if every Statue ,Monument , etc,,

was melted down or removed .
No, taking down a monument, statue does not change history. I hate what our country has become.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #3 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
No, taking down a monument, statue does not change history. I hate what our country has become.
I do too, but the Trump admin will be over in a little over 3 years and he will not get much in the way of major legislation passed.

When it comes to monuments, local jurisdictions control most of them. I like what this elected southern official said:

roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #4 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
I do too, but the Trump admin will be over in a little over 3 years and he will not get much in the way of major legislation passed.
Oh shut up roni! It's you, and people like you that I hate about our country and what it has become.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #5 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Oh shut up roni! It's you, and people like you that I hate about our country and what it has become.
Screw him. He doesn't even want to live in 'our' country.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #6 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Oh shut up roni! It's you, and people like you that I hate about our country and what it has become.
Well, it is Trump and people like him who concern me about what my country might become. Hate is too strong a word, though. I think that the USA will redeem itself, though, by a thorough rejection of Trumpism.

In the meantime, local jurisdictions will make many of the decisions about Confederate monuments.
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #7 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Oh shut up roni! It's you, and people like you that I hate about our country and what it has become.
Ignore that forever wrong troll.

Bitter than he can't afford to live in/not wanted the USA. Typical low rent liberal arts college type.
loomis41973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #8 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,506
I would be embarrassed to be on the left's side more and more every day. What a pitiful group of hate.
loomis41973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #9 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
Well, it is Trump and people like him who concern me about what my country might become. Hate is too strong a word, though. I think that the USA will redeem itself, though, by a thorough rejection of Trumpism.

In the meantime, local jurisdictions will make many of the decisions about Confederate monuments.
I think I'll take LilG's and Loomis' advice and ignore you!
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #10 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
I think I'll take LilG's and Loomis' advice and ignore you!
He will still post numerous times a day.

No life...73,000+ posts.

Less than 5% factual.
loomis41973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #11 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
No, taking down a monument, statue does not change history. I hate what our country has become.
You do realize that for many people, the country you want back was awful to them.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #12 (permalink)
añejo
 
Dan-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 5,141
Why stop with monuments? What about the pictures of Robert E. Lee or other Confederate leaders that are in books in public libraries? Shouldn´t those pictures be removed? Or, better yet, just get rid of such books because they are offensive to certain members of our society.

Last edited by Dan-0; 08-14-2017 at 08:25 PM..
Dan-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #13 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,253
All of you, STFU already!

Bunch of kids.

No, the monuments should not be removed but in some cases they should probably be moved. It is a state and local issue. None of the fed's business and none of yours, either, if you are not a resident of the state where the monument happens to be.

And any of you assholes who think that by living in another countr, I or anyone else loses their rights and foregoes their responsibilities as Americans can GFYselves. You are ignorant beyond help.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #14 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
All of you, STFU already!

Bunch of kids.

No, the monuments should not be removed but in some cases they should probably be moved. It is a state and local issue. None of the fed's business and none of yours, either, if you are not a resident of the state where the monument happens to be.

And any of you assholes who think that by living in another countr, I or anyone else loses their rights and foregoes their responsibilities as Americans can GFYselves. You are ignorant beyond help.
Blow me,asshole.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017   #15 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
All of you, STFU already!

Bunch of kids.

No, the monuments should not be removed but in some cases they should probably be moved. It is a state and local issue. None of the fed's business and none of yours, either, if you are not a resident of the state where the monument happens to be.

And any of you assholes who think that by living in another countr, I or anyone else loses their rights and foregoes their responsibilities as Americans can GFYselves. You are ignorant beyond help.
Seriously! Who the hell are you, the Playa Patrol!?
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.