Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago   #976 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
Everything has ramped up since Trump went down south and called a black man a son of a bitch. If there had been any chance of Kaepernick being signed after qb's started to fall, that chance left the building after Trump's ugly rant.
Actually, what happened was that Trump made it about him and not about the justice system anymore. Created the us vs. them with a bunch of willing accomplices on both sides. He is pretty good at that.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #977 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
Actually, what happened was that Trump made it about him and not about the justice system anymore. Created the us vs. them with a bunch of willing accomplices on both sides. He is pretty good at that.
For many Trumpsters it was never about the justice system. They see the justice system much differently than people of color, and many do not think the complaints of unfair treatment are at all legitimate
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #978 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
For many Trumpsters it was never about the justice system. They see the justice system much differently than people of color, and many do not think the complaints of unfair treatment are at all legitimate
The movement was taken over (and thus loss any support that I had for it) when Trump played the players. When they started taking a knee against him instead for reform, I lost interest. He went fishing and he hooked a whole lot of folk. Now, it is all about Trump or not. It has nothing to do with fixing a broken justice system. Like I said, lots of people got played.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #979 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
When they started taking a knee against him instead for reform, I lost interest.
You are interested enough to be posting here.

Last edited by Mnbruce; 1 Week Ago at 11:12 PM..
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #980 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
For many Trumpsters it was never about the justice system. They see the justice system much differently than people of color, and many do not think the complaints of unfair treatment are at all legitimate
Are you a person of color ? Or do you feel you speak for people of color ?

Just curious how you can state that .
steve balt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #981 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
You are interested enough to be posting here.
I still have an interest in talking about the justice system.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #982 (permalink)
añejo
 
bearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
Kind of what I was saying but in a better level of English.
Thanks but I went on too long a wordy rant to get my point across. I crossed into Ryberg mode.
bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #983 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
Thanks but I went on too long a wordy rant to get my point across. I crossed into Ryberg mode.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #984 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve balt View Post
Are you a person of color ? Or do you feel you speak for people of color ?

Just curious how you can state that .

Bruce is what is known in the Twin Cities area as a Euphorian. He lives in one of the southern suburbs of either Euphoria, Liberal Lakes, or Diversityville. Those traits he exhibits are common to the residents of those places.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #985 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilG View Post
Bruce is what is known in the Twin Cities area as a Euphorian. He lives in one of the southern suburbs of either Euphoria, Liberal Lakes, or Diversityville. Those traits he exhibits are common to the residents of those places.
You are still listening to Souchie Boy? I have not listened to him for 20 years and he still apparently uses the same shtick. You both need new routines.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #986 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
You are still listening to Souchie Boy? I have not listened to him for 20 years and he still apparently uses the same shtick. You both need new routines.
Buffett became a multi-millionaire singing about a made up place. I guess you stick with what works.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #987 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 11,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilG View Post
Buffett became a multi-millionaire singing about a made up place. I guess you stick with what works.
Sticking to what works has that station near the bottom of the ratings.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #988 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,232
College football is just so much more interesting than the NFL just as college basketball is better than the NBA. Hoping Notre Dame and TCU both get wins today after GA went down in flames.

Edit: Well, that didn't go too well.

Last edited by PlayadelSolDos; 5 Days Ago at 09:16 AM..
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #989 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,214
GQ names Kaepernick ‘Citizen of the Year’
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #990 (permalink)
añejo
 
bearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
College football is just so much more interesting than the NFL just as college basketball is better than the NBA. Hoping Notre Dame and TCU both get wins today after GA went down in flames.

Edit: Well, that didn't go too well.
Yep, they both got a beating. I didn't expect Miami to manhandle Notre Dame the way they did. I thought TCU was a little overrated early in the season so losing at Oklahoma wasn't much of a surprise. What the heck is up with Ohio State? They are on a wild swing. Wisconsin is a surprise, undefeated in the Big 10. Alabama is still the big dog.
bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.