Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2017   #16 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
There's 7g of carbs in the juice of a lime alone... so if you're trying to stick to a keto diet, lol at drinking any Margaritas.
So, one can have a margarita with far fewer carbs using Splenda than using sugar.

I have no idea what a keto diet is. I follow a low carb, higher fat, high protein regime.

Which has nothing to do with margaritas

You can make good ones with sugar, splenda, stevia, agave nectar and other sweetners. Have fun and post drunk while trying them!!
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #17 (permalink)
playa maya guy

 
ryberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
I have no idea what a keto diet is.
LMGTFY

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=k...hrome&ie=UTF-8
ryberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #18 (permalink)
añejo
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
So, one can have a margarita with far fewer carbs using Splenda than using sugar.

I have no idea what a keto diet is. I follow a low carb, higher fat, high protein regime.

Which has nothing to do with margaritas

You can make good ones with sugar, splenda, stevia, agave nectar and other sweetners. Have fun and post drunk while trying them!!

You are pretty much on one.
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #19 (permalink)
Sue
añejo
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 18,188
I like prickly pear (cactus fruit) margaritas. This makes a whole pitcher:

1 cup tequila
1 cup lime juice
1/4 cup simple syrup
1/2 cup Controy or other orange liqueur
3/4 cup prickly pear juice
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #20 (permalink)
toe in water
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
There's 7g of carbs in the juice of a lime alone... so if you're trying to stick to a keto diet, lol at drinking any Margaritas.
Exactly, and when you add in the 8g for the controy(used triple sec, because I couldn't find nutrition facts on controy) and 3 g or so from the splash of Grand Marnier, you are already up to around 20g of carbs. With a 30g limit, you still can only have 1 margarita.
BeachMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #21 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Sogno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 936
Curious, why simple syrup when agave nectar is so convenient, requires no preparation, is very sweet, and is from the agave plant? You know, the same plant that tequila is made from .
Sogno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #22 (permalink)
Sue
añejo
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 18,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogno View Post
Curious, why simple syrup when agave nectar is so convenient, requires no preparation, is very sweet, and is from the agave plant? You know, the same plant that tequila is made from .
Simple syrup is available at most any store. Agave is not much different than any other sweetener, really.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #23 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Sogno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Simple syrup is available at most any store. Agave is not much different than any other sweetener, really.
Agave nectar is also available at most any store, and it's made from, um, agave. Like tequila
Sogno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #24 (permalink)
añejo
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 2,105
Simple syrup.....agave nectar. Both work and the outcome is the same.
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #25 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 299
Loco makes a good Marg!😉
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017   #26 (permalink)
añejo
 
canadiense loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNSol View Post
Loco makes a good Marg!��
I may have had a bit of practice.
Look at your vacation countdown you lucky lady you.
canadiense loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017   #27 (permalink)
life=playa
 
mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: White Rock, B.C.
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiense loco View Post
I may have had a bit of practice.
Look at your vacation countdown you lucky lady you.
Personally I'm not big on margaritas...I like my tequila just as is...no ice and no mix...I love the taste of tequila ayayayayaya!!!
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017   #28 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Sogno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
Personally I'm not big on margaritas...I like my tequila just as is...no ice and no mix...I love the taste of tequila ayayayayaya!!!
Now, try mezcal. Then, sotol.
Sogno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017   #29 (permalink)
Sue
añejo
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 18,188
Mezcal tastes like meat.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017   #30 (permalink)
añejo
 
Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 40 miles south east of Boston
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Mezcal tastes like meat.
That's an interesting taste thought, I cannot get Mezcal past my taste buds. So meat, bad meat may be right
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.