Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)
into ruins

Unaccompanied Minor Cancun Airport T3

We're having a house guest here in a couple of weeks our friend is sending here daughter to stay with us for a week. Has anyone ever picked up an unaccompanied minor at Cancun is it the normal arrival area or is there some special area to pick up from?
teebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)
ańejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee View Post
We're having a house guest here in a couple of weeks our friend is sending here daughter to stay with us for a week. Has anyone ever picked up an unaccompanied minor at Cancun is it the normal arrival area or is there some special area to pick up from?
How old?
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3 (permalink)
way into it

Assuming the child is traveling from outside Mexico, the parents may need a notarized letter with both stating they give permission for the minor to leave the country. I am not sure if Mexican Immigration requires it but most Airlines do. Especially if the parents are divorced.
AZGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4 (permalink)
into ruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam-eye View Post
How old?
14. Her mom is buying the unaccompanied minor package the package lists what the service is etc. I know on the departure side there's all sorts of provisions for the parents to get right to the gate etc. Nothing is at all clear on the arrival side. Hoping someone has had a similar experience.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5 (permalink)
into ruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGonzo View Post
Assuming the child is traveling from outside Mexico, the parents may need a notarized letter with both stating they give permission for the minor to leave the country. I am not sure if Mexican Immigration requires it but most Airlines do. Especially if the parents are divorced.
You'd really be surprised how little documentation you need if you're not the parent. However if you're a divorced parent yes all sorts of notarized documents. A non parent is practically a permission slip for a field trip. No notary required. I authorize my child to be in the care of blah for the dates of blah and here is my contact information if you'd like to call and verify...
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6 (permalink)
lost on fifth

We travel with our granddaughter often. Her parents are divorced and they both provide notarized consent. We have been asked for them once on arrival to Cancun and EVERY time on re-entry into Canada. Within Canada we do not require anything. To your question TeeBee, she also travels as an unaccompanied minor every year to visit her father, I asked her and she said he meets her the same place as everyone is exiting, and shows his ID to her airline companion.
Playa4me is offline   Reply With Quote