Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 64
rash

Did any of you folks who live here ever have some kind of rash on their hands? I have had this rash on my hands for a couple of months now, it goes away with a cream I use, but it always comes back. It's only on my hands. Doctors say it's some kind of fungus which is caused by bacteria,high humidity and heat. Had this 2 years ago as well and it finally stopped with 2 different kind of pills. Problem is, I don't remember the names of the pills and the doctor who gave me the prescription is not here anymore. Took some pills from another doctor the other day, but they made me super tired and I stopped taking them. Another doctor told me this is a case for a dermatologist. I will go tomorrow, but was just wondering if anybody else had some similar problem here?

Cheers

Steve
steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)
añejo
 
Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 40 miles south east of Boston
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve71 View Post
Did any of you folks who live here ever have some kind of rash on their hands? I have had this rash on my hands for a couple of months now, it goes away with a cream I use, but it always comes back. It's only on my hands. Doctors say it's some kind of fungus which is caused by bacteria,high humidity and heat. Had this 2 years ago as well and it finally stopped with 2 different kind of pills. Problem is, I don't remember the names of the pills and the doctor who gave me the prescription is not here anymore. Took some pills from another doctor the other day, but they made me super tired and I stopped taking them. Another doctor told me this is a case for a dermatologist. I will go tomorrow, but was just wondering if anybody else had some similar problem here?

Cheers

Steve
A few years ago while in Playa I had a rash? or something on my hand as well. I went to a pharmacy and showed them. She sold me a tube of "Silver Sulpherdine" (sp) it worked just fine.

Later that year I had something like a rash on my leg above the ankle, wouldn't go away so I tried that and again it worked. That became much more and the Silver Sulpherdine actually was was what got rid of it.
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
A few years ago while in Playa I had a rash? or something on my hand as well. I went to a pharmacy and showed them. She sold me a tube of "Silver Sulpherdine" (sp) it worked just fine.

Later that year I had something like a rash on my leg above the ankle, wouldn't go away so I tried that and again it worked. That became much more and the Silver Sulpherdine actually was was what got rid of it.
Hi there,

Thanks for the tip, but can't find it on the Internet? Are you talking about "Silver Sulfadiazine Cream"?

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1...opical/details

Thanks a lot


Steve
steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4 (permalink)
life=playa
 
DrewJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 677
I have a rash that shows up when I'm in Playa, and disappears when I'm not here.


A few months ago, I started using a Ketoconazole gel 2 times per week (rub it on, let it sit for a few minutes, wash it off) and I haven't had an issue since. It was the dermatologist at Hospiten that recommended this.
DrewJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5 (permalink)
añejo
 
Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 40 miles south east of Boston
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve71 View Post
Hi there,

Thanks for the tip, but can't find it on the Internet? Are you talking about "Silver Sulfadiazine Cream"?

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1...opical/details

Thanks a lot


Steve
Yes, over the counter in MX.
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,345
What did the dermatologist say?
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 64
Thanks so much guys, I will try both of your recommendations and see how it goes.
As for the dermatologist, it was a waste of time and money. The guy was a complete nutter. Didn't have any clue at all. Since I already had this thing before, I know what I am dealing with and he was trying to tell me a bunch of stuff that is completely absurd. Even bizarre. I am not kidding!!!!!
Have an appointment with another one next week. She comes highly recommendet, so I might get something out of it this time.
steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8 (permalink)
life=playa
 
DrewJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve71 View Post
Have an appointment with another one next week. She comes highly recommendet, so I might get something out of it this time.

Is this the one that works out of Hospiten? If not, try that one!
DrewJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewJones View Post
Is this the one that works out of Hospiten? If not, try that one!
It's not, the one I am talking about is located on Carretera Federal/Ejido.
steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10 (permalink)
añejo
 
mfl*s queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far North Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 2,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve71 View Post
It's not, the one I am talking about is located on Carretera Federal/Ejido.
Might be the same one? The female dermatologist at Hospitan also works at her husband’s office, which is located on Carretera Federal. We have seen both, and thought they were both good.
mfl*s queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #11 (permalink)
into ruins
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfl*s queen View Post
Might be the same one? The female dermatologist at Hospitan also works at her husband’s office, which is located on Carretera Federal. We have seen both, and thought they were both good.
That must her!
steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.