Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #61 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mogley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentrictinker View Post
It's 'drivel', Dumbass.
Mogley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #62 (permalink)
añejo
 
Harold-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodinville WA
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyfan View Post
Thanks it makes perfect sense if you think about it...
No it doesn't!!
If you think about it what you said was We need to be irrational when making decisions.
Harold-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #63 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
Progressives!!
Hahaha. Just stop.
A GoFundMe page for the survivors and families will do a lot more than prayers.
How do prayers work for fire victims, hurricane victims, earthquake victims, genocide victims, cancer victims, mass shooting victims, acts of terrorism victims, etc.?
God’s will?
Exactly why I left “the church” many years ago.
Faith wasn’t enough.
You are free to start a GoFundMe page....have at it.

I have faith that prayers do work, maybe not in the way you want, but they work. An yeah, faith alone is enough.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #64 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentrictinker View Post
It's 'drivel', Dumbass.
No I think in beerbreath's case it is 'dribble'....
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #65 (permalink)
back again, again
 
kirbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 9,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold-R View Post
No it doesn't!!
If you think about it what you said was We need to be irrational when making decisions.
You do you, I'll do me.
kirbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #66 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 75,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentrictinker View Post
It's 'drivel', Dumbass.
dribbling drivel
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #67 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,721
MSNBC Anchor Asks Texas Pastor if Prayers Are 'Enough' After Church Shooting
Quote:
While some — including MSNBC anchor Joy Reid — took issue with those offering prayers, Pastor Paul Buford, who leads River Oaks Church, just two miles away from First Baptist Church, said prayers are “absolutely” enough in the midst of unthinkable horror.

“It’s only our faith in God that’s gonna get us through this, and it’s our faith in God that’s gonna say that we trust that everyone that was in that church that didn’t come out of there are present with their lord and savior right now,” Buford said. “Because the Bible tells us that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.”

“And as believers,” he continued, “we believe that happens.”

Buford went on to tell the MSNBC host Christians "know that prayer works,” saying that it brings comfort to those praying and those being prayed for.

The MSNBC reporter than pressed the pastor for an answer on how the government can stop tragedies like the one that happened Sunday from happening again. In response, Buford raised a critical point:

“The Word of God tells us that we are gonna face trials and tribulations, that evil is out there, and it’s doing everything it can to attack. We talk about it’s a gun issue, or we talk about a mental health issue. Well, as pastors and as Christians, we talk about it and say it’s not that. It’s a heart issue.

It’s the fact that we’re focused on the world, and we’re not focused on God. And if we were focused on the other, then we wouldn’t be having those things. We continue to push God out of our schools, out of our communities, out of our government. ...

We’re in a spiritual battle, we believe, in this world. It’s evil against good. Now, we know that good is gonna overcome that.”

The Texas pastor made clear he wasn’t claiming Kelley’s attack was a direct response to removing God from the public sphere. However, Buford did say sin and evil will continue to thrive as long as we empower them.

And he’s exactly right.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #68 (permalink)
añejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbreath View Post
I am tired of your endless dribble and excuses.
you really should try to answer questions rather than call them stupid - or just ignore them if you cant answer.

It was an honest question - I guess you don't have a solution. That does not surprise me.
TAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #69 (permalink)
añejo
 
beerbreath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 10,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPPY View Post
you really should try to answer questions rather than call them stupid - or just ignore them if you cant answer.

It was an honest question - I guess you don't have a solution. That does not surprise me.
Many have proposed common sense laws,it never goes anywhere.
Bump stocks are still legal.
We are a very messed up nation.
Let all these people's blood drip from the hands of the NRA and all the congress people's hands.
beerbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #70 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbreath View Post
Many have proposed common sense laws,it never goes anywhere.
Bump stocks are still legal.
We are a very messed up nation.
Let all these people's blood drip from the hands of the NRA and all the congress people's hands.
You are never going to stop this, you cannot control what people do...gun laws or no gun laws. You cannot legislate how people are going to behave. This is a heart issue, not a gun issue.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #71 (permalink)
añejo
 
Harold-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodinville WA
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPPY View Post
you really should try to answer questions rather than call them stupid - or just ignore them if you cant answer.

It was an honest question - I guess you don't have a solution. That does not surprise me.
That's the problem with this and most political forums, If someone has a possible solution but you don't like it then its time to bad mouth and bully, or try to shout them down with spelling or grammar but at all cost don't allow yourself to listen they might make sense.
Thinking seems to be lost at this point and its getting to the point the only reason I come here is for the sick comedy value.
Harold-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #72 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbreath View Post
I am tired of your endless drivel and excuses.

Because

Me


You
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #73 (permalink)
añejo
 
horizon200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
You are never going to stop this, you cannot control what people do...gun laws or no gun laws. You cannot legislate how people are going to behave. This is a heart issue, not a gun issue.
This I largely agree with.

I DO think there are steps we can take to mitigate it to a degree. But, you're not going to legislate your way out of the basic lack of respect for a life.

I would like to know where he bought the guns since he was a convicted domestic abuser. And I would like to know how the system missed that 4 times (number of guns purchased). Delaware now has a law that requires even private purchases to go through a licensed dealer to do a back ground check prior to sale. I think all states should require it.
horizon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #74 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
Progressives!!
Hahaha. Just stop.
A GoFundMe page for the survivors and families will do a lot more than prayers.
How do prayers work for fire victims, hurricane victims, earthquake victims, genocide victims, cancer victims, mass shooting victims, acts of terrorism victims, etc.?
God’s will?
Exactly why I left “the church” many years ago.
Faith wasn’t enough.
It really doesn't matter if it wasn't "enough" for you. It is for many and for you to act as if the prayers offered by others for the victims and their loved ones are somehow useless or, even worse, disingenuous, I think you are treating those of us who do pray (and, this case, the victims) as some sort of naive dolts who are somehow not worthy of being in the same room with you.

Now, if it were a bomb in a mosque and some of us offered our prayers for the victims, would you say the same. I kind of doubt.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #75 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 10,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon200 View Post
This I largely agree with.

I DO think there are steps we can take to mitigate it to a degree. But, you're not going to legislate your way out of the basic lack of respect for a life.

I would like to know where he bought the guns since he was a convicted domestic abuser. And I would like to know how the system missed that 4 times (number of guns purchased). Delaware now has a law that requires even private purchases to go through a licensed dealer to do a back ground check prior to sale. I think all states should require it.
Yes, thank you.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.