Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago   #16 (permalink)
life=playa
 
DrewJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girlie View Post
the burger was meh

I don't have that many complaints about Playa, but burgers are definitely one of them.


I definitely prefer eating at local places, but if I want a good burger, Boston's, Guy Fieri's, and Sr Frogs seem to be the only places I get a burger that would be considered "average or better" in the US.
DrewJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #17 (permalink)
Life=Playa (almost)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewJones View Post
I don't have that many complaints about Playa, but burgers are definitely one of them.


I definitely prefer eating at local places, but if I want a good burger, Boston's, Guy Fieri's, and Sr Frogs seem to be the only places I get a burger that would be considered "average or better" in the US.
Have you tried Cheo's? I thought their burger was excellent.
u2girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #18 (permalink)
life=playa
 
DrewJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girlie View Post
Have you tried Cheo's? I thought their burger was excellent.

I have not. I'll try to get there in the next few days.
DrewJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #19 (permalink)
añejo
 
Murrsay185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girlie View Post
Have you tried Cheo's? I thought their burger was excellent.
Where is Cheo's located? I am a bit of a burger connoisseur and DJ is right on. Really hard to find a descent burger in Playa.
Murrsay185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #20 (permalink)
life=playa
 
DrewJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Where is Cheo's located? I am a bit of a burger connoisseur and DJ is right on. Really hard to find a descent burger in Playa.

https://www.playadelcarmen.com/blog/...ya-del-carmen/


This is a new blog posting since the last time I checked the Google for burger joints. Cheo's location is on there.


That list though.... a handful of those places on this "BEST BURGER" list use what I highly suspect to be Sam's Club burgers. Not that there's anything horribly wrong with that, but when you have the same tasting burger, which is that perfect circle, and same thickness, from a kitchen that happens to have only 1 or 2 staff handling the entire restaurant, it makes me suspect.
DrewJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #21 (permalink)
Life=Playa (almost)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Where is Cheo's located? I am a bit of a burger connoisseur and DJ is right on. Really hard to find a descent burger in Playa.
Calle 14 between 5 and 10. I didn't one of the burgers on their menu. I asked for a regular cheeseburger with avocado, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and it was good. Good enough I´d go back.
u2girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #22 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girlie View Post
Calle 14 between 5 and 10. I didn't one of the burgers on their menu. I asked for a regular cheeseburger with avocado, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and it was good. Good enough I´d go back.
Cost? Comes with fries? They got beer?
beam-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #23 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewJones View Post
I don't have that many complaints about Playa, but burgers are definitely one of them.


I definitely prefer eating at local places, but if I want a good burger, Boston's, Guy Fieri's, and Sr Frogs seem to be the only places I get a burger that would be considered "average or better" in the US.
You need to try "The Rustic" on 10th just off of CTM. Small place, Chilean owners, small selection of burgers. But their meat is better than most places in town. IMO the best burger in town.

Another good burger I have found is at the Inti Beach Club.

Last edited by SCExpat; 1 Week Ago at 10:00 AM..
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #24 (permalink)
Life=Playa (almost)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by beam-eye View Post
Cost? Comes with fries? They got beer?
I don´t know the cost because my boss paid and I actually never looked at the menu.

They do have beers but apparently are also famous for their milkshakes which I have yet to try.

Yes, they came with fries. We were with a large group and they brought out some plates of homemade fries with cheese on them that were pretty darn good.
u2girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #25 (permalink)
way into it
 
AZGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 225
There was a place on 5th just north and across from the TB. It was a Texas BBQ place. Burger was pretty good. Not sure if it is still there...
AZGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #26 (permalink)
añejo
 
Babaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 29,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCExpat View Post
You need to try "The Rustic" on 10th just off of CTM. Small place, Chilean owners, small selection of burgers. But their meat is better than most places in town. IMO the best burger in town.

Another good burger I have found is at the Inti Beach Club.

You actually went to Guy Fieri's?!!!
I personally like Guy Fieri’s.
Why not?
Babaloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #27 (permalink)
Sue
añejo
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 18,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girlie View Post
I don´t know the cost because my boss paid and I actually never looked at the menu.

They do have beers but apparently are also famous for their milkshakes which I have yet to try.

Yes, they came with fries. We were with a large group and they brought out some plates of homemade fries with cheese on them that were pretty darn good.
I don’t eat burgers but I want to go there for fries and a milkshake.

I wish places like this offered grilled cheese. Grilled cheese, fries, and a malt is my “last supper” and most very favorite meal.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #28 (permalink)
lost on fifth
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaloo View Post
i personally like guy fieri’s.
Why not?
ok

Last edited by SCExpat; 1 Week Ago at 10:01 AM..
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #29 (permalink)
añejo
 
Bluespicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PdC
Posts: 5,712
Texas BBQ on 5th has good burgers, fries and onion rings. Veggie, chicken and fish burgers as well. Prices are reasonable.
Bluespicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #30 (permalink)
añejo
 
Paw'boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Adventure Port
Posts: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
I personally like Guy Fieri’s.
Why not?
Lisa an I split one at CUN, it was really good.
Paw'boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.