Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > General discussion > General - Playa del Carmen
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2017   #226 (permalink)
way into it
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 102
Playa

Just one question . We walked by Dirty Martini last night after the bus ride from the airport .. It was DEAD !!! What happened !! It was Tuesday 2 for one ??????????????????????
snowbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017   #227 (permalink)
way into it
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 102
Playa

Just received an email from Mom's Bar . It is closing end of the month..
No more great meals and great gatherings .. Too bad . One of the Playa
milestones .. c'est la vie..
snowbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017   #228 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbuzzard View Post
Just one question . We walked by Dirty Martini last night after the bus ride from the airport .. It was DEAD !!! What happened !! It was Tuesday 2 for one ??????????????????????
i havent been there lately, but one thing i did notice is that there is a pile of mexican tourists here and europeans, but not many cdn and americans
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017   #229 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbuzzard View Post
Just received an email from Mom's Bar . It is closing end of the month..
No more great meals and great gatherings .. Too bad . One of the Playa
milestones .. c'est la vie..
i believe there is a party there tomorrow evening, maybe someone can confirm that
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017   #230 (permalink)
aņejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
i believe there is a party there tomorrow evening, maybe someone can confirm that
Yes Rob, it will be MOM's closing party tomorrow night (Friday).
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017   #231 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
thanks to the person who left a cold bottle of smirnoff vodka besides my door last night.....
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017   #232 (permalink)
beachaholic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Alberta Canada
Posts: 325
It was this morning, the woman you let use your shower.
MsNSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017   #233 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNSol View Post
It was this morning, the woman you let use your shower.
oh yes, the whole family had no hot water for 3 days
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017   #234 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
hey mur,,,,pesos 15.6 on xe this morning,,,bc al is due in town around 645 this evening
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017   #235 (permalink)
aņejo
 
Murrsay185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North of Mexico
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
hey mur,,,,pesos 15.6 on xe this morning,,,bc al is due in town around 645 this evening
Ms. Sol got 15.16 yesterday. She leaves tomorrow for la Paz. We are heading to the closing of Mom's this evening. Too many closings of the good spots and not enough openings. We'll catch up to bc Al eventually. Davie from the Canadian prairies will be here on the 5th. It has been real cold up there.
Murrsay185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017   #236 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrsay185 View Post
Ms. Sol got 15.16 yesterday. She leaves tomorrow for la Paz. We are heading to the closing of Mom's this evening. Too many closings of the good spots and not enough openings. We'll catch up to bc Al eventually. Davie from the Canadian prairies will be here on the 5th. It has been real cold up there.
ill drop over and try to see her this evening.....yes i agree lots of spots closing, last year when i left the little hotel beside the 5s on 2nd was closed, this year its a rubble pile,,and the 5s looks empty
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017   #237 (permalink)
aņejo
 
absoluteAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Latitude 20.6326 Longitude 87.0685
Posts: 14,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
ill drop over and try to see her this evening.....yes i agree lots of spots closing, last year when i left the little hotel beside the 5s on 2nd was closed, this year its a rubble pile,,and the 5s looks empty
Well, checking current prices, the cheapest room runs $550/night USD and goes up to almost $1000/night. At close to $1000/night, you get a partial ocean view.
absoluteAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017   #238 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteAL View Post
Well, checking current prices, the cheapest room runs $550/night USD and goes up to almost $1000/night. At close to $1000/night, you get a partial ocean view.

no dam wonder their empty.....
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017   #239 (permalink)
life=playa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mackay View Post
last year when i left the little hotel beside the 5s on 2nd was closed, this year its a rubble pile,,and the 5s looks empty
Casa de Gopala?? What a shame.
bigdogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017   #240 (permalink)
aņejo
 
rob mackay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nova scotia, canada
Posts: 9,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom View Post
Casa de Gopala?? What a shame.
yes a rubble pile,,i didnt recognize it except for the sidewalk, which was quiet unique.....lots of new and alot of the old,,,the buildings across from me are time share, they broke ground 3 decembers ago,,i expect it will probably be done sometime in 2018 or 2019,,,they are building here like there is no tomorrow, but walking around at 7pm, you can clearly see what units have people in as alot of them are dark....
rob mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.