Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2018   #31 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 77,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogley View Post
Anybody remember a four finger lid?
For $15??

Buy a quarter pound, sell three lids and keep one for free.

I lived in the back, downstairs apartment of an old house when I was in college. One night I got home, there were two police cars parked outside and I went into my apartment and was so paranoid (yes, I was high) that I flushed my little bit of weed down the toilet. Next morning I learned the people in the front apartment had been arrested for selling stolen property.

Gosh, college was fun.
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #32 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 12,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
I think part of that is the pot we got back in the late 70's was probably 90% oregano. I had a puff of some Colorado grade pot at a neighbors party 8-9 months ago, literally one puff, and had no recollection of how I got home. I woke up and the garbage can next to my bed was filled up with empty bags of leftover Easter candy. Strong stuff. Not for me.
Wussy! I did the Rocky Mountain high thing last fall. The stuff was really potent, but I figured that so I took really small hits and that did the job. We were there for a few days and I still threw away 3/4 of it before we flew home. If I go back I will try Ghost Train Haze again.

Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #33 (permalink)
añejo
 
bearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogley View Post
Anybody remember a four finger lid?
That's new to me. I heard of a "lid" but not a 4 finger lid.
bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #34 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mnbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis Park,Mn.
Posts: 12,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
For $15??

Buy a quarter pound, sell three lids and keep one for free.

I lived in the back, downstairs apartment of an old house when I was in college. One night I got home, there were two police cars parked outside and I went into my apartment and was so paranoid (yes, I was high) that I flushed my little bit of weed down the toilet. Next morning I learned the people in the front apartment had been arrested for selling stolen property.

Gosh, college was fun.
It was $8 a lid when I started. We used to buy a pound when we would have a big party so everyone could partake.
Mnbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #35 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
from that story:




and the blood tests, again- do NOT show level of impairment. So, this test is useless insofar as getting problem impaired drivers off the road, their licenses revoked, or used when disciplining employees after incidents-once it's legal.
Naive to think that drivers were not driving stoned before.

Arrest them and get them a blood test. Treat them like other impaired drivers. Impaired can mean pills, medications, alcohol, drugs, etc. It is not like law enforcement wasn’t dealing with it.

In Colorado the limit for marijuana is 5 nanograms/ ml. I believe. Blood test measures active THC.

Who knows, maybe they can use the excuse of suspected impaired driving to throw the erratic drivers who are texting and driving in jail and test them as well just to get them off the road. That would be fine with me as well.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #36 (permalink)
añejo
 
bearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,046
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
Wussy! I did the Rocky Mountain high thing last fall. The stuff was really potent, but I figured that so I took really small hits and that did the job. We were there for a few days and I still threw away 3/4 of it before we flew home. If I go back I will try Ghost Train Haze again.
And proud of it. Especially if this new potent stuff is going to make me forget stuff and binge eat. I can already do those things quite well without lighting up.
bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #37 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mogley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
That's new to me. I heard of a "lid" but not a 4 finger lid.
It was not a very accurate form of measurement.
Mogley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #38 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
Naive to think that drivers were not driving stoned before.

Arrest them and get them a blood test. Treat them like other impaired drivers. Impaired can mean pills, medications, alcohol, drugs, etc. It is not like law enforcement wasn’t dealing with it.

In Colorado the limit for marijuana is 5 nanograms/ ml. I believe. Blood test measures active THC.

Who knows, maybe they can use the excuse of suspected impaired driving to throw the erratic drivers who are texting and driving in jail and test them as well just to get them off the road. That would be fine with me as well.
But the blood test does not test for impairment either. That is the problem. It can show you smoked at some point in the past 2-3 weeks- the level in your blood can be determining by how recently but also chronic users will have higher levels normally all the time, and still might register over the legal level -but be perfectly fine to drive.

So then you have the problem- if it is legal to smoke weed, and you can't tell the last time for certain the person smoked it, or why their level is high (recent use or chronic) - how is it fair to charge them?

it's just a big messy can of worms. It's not really about whether people were driving high already before, of course they were.....it is just going to be messy, is all.

I just heard that a guy was fired here for testing positive but at very low levels, after he had a very minor work accident with one of the Kubotas....too bad I guess, and not really fair (or won't be once it is legal, he should be able to smoke on his days off if he chooses to, imo). OTOH, he is a supervisor and in charge of people's safety and should be held to a higher standard, and it is still illegal at this point, so I do see his firing as mostly legit. But once it is legal, then no.
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #39 (permalink)
añejo
 
horizon200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 15,170
[quote=bearcat;2204644]
Quote:

And proud of it. Especially if this new potent stuff is going to make me forget stuff and binge eat. I can already do those things quite well without lighting up.
Yep! What is we're talking about again?
horizon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #40 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 77,960
[quote=horizon200;2204648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post

Yep! What is we're talking about again?
Short-term memory is affected.

What are we talking about?
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #41 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
But the blood test does not test for impairment either. That is the problem. It can show you smoked at some point in the past 2-3 weeks- the level in your blood can be determining by how recently but also chronic users will have higher levels normally all the time, and still might register over the legal level -but be perfectly fine to drive.

So then you have the problem- if it is legal to smoke weed, and you can't tell the last time for certain the person smoked it, or why their level is high (recent use or chronic) - how is it fair to charge them?

it's just a big messy can of worms. It's not really about whether people were driving high already before, of course they were.....it is just going to be messy, is all.

I just heard that a guy was fired here for testing positive but at very low levels, after he had a very minor work accident with one of the Kubotas....too bad I guess, and not really fair (or won't be once it is legal, he should be able to smoke on his days off if he chooses to, imo). OTOH, he is a supervisor and in charge of people's safety and should be held to a higher standard, and it is still illegal at this point, so I do see his firing as mostly legit. But once it is legal, then no.
Booze is legal and you can’t show up to work drunk.

IMO the company can impose the rules they want pretty much.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #42 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
Booze is legal and you can’t show up to work drunk.

IMO the company can impose the rules they want pretty much.
Nobody ever told Harry Caray about that.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #43 (permalink)
añejo
 
Harold-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodinville WA
Posts: 2,423
I smoked some new years eve, it didn't make me crazy, forget any thing or fall down. I think most of the difference is the pot I smoked in the 60's 70's was junk with seeds stems leaves, insecticide, fungus killer, and maybe horse shit. Today's legal pot is just buds and reasonably free of bad stuff. I've been a lot drunker than I've ever been stoned and some of you sound like reefer madness after one small puff. Sounds to me like there was some synthetic crap in what you were smoking.

Last edited by Harold-R; 01-02-2018 at 04:14 PM..
Harold-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #44 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,762
Paraquat Weed
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018   #45 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnbruce View Post
It was $8 a lid when I started. We used to buy a pound when we would have a big party so everyone could partake.
Some friends of mine had a pound of not very good stuff. They threw it in the woodstove, closed the damper and left the door open.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.