Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #46 (permalink)
añejo
 
Mogley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,655
Yeah, I use to buy my weed from a cook at Sambo's


OK, that probably only made me laugh
Mogley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #47 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 76,041
When I was 19 a young woman I worked with gave me a joint with a purple ribbon tied around a few days before I went into the Navy. I swooned.
roni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #48 (permalink)
añejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,238
Nice to see a thread that is not about Trump and politics
TAPPY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #49 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,549
Quote:
Booze is legal and you can’t show up to work drunk.
sigh. You still aren't getting the point here....but that is ok.


Quote:
Nice to see a thread that is not about Trump and politics
all the potheads reminiscing.....they do get easily distracted

but drug legalization is a pretty 'political' topic!
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #50 (permalink)
añejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
sigh. You still aren't getting the point here....but that is ok.




all the potheads reminiscing.....they do get easily distracted

but drug legalization is a pretty 'political' topic!


yes we do pre-employment, post accident and random for work, in all 50 states....it always gets some "feedback " from offices in certain states. I am glad this all falls under safety now - not HR. I hated handling this and listening to the
TAPPY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #51 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPPY View Post


yes we do pre-employment, post accident and random for work, in all 50 states....it always gets some "feedback " from offices in certain states. I am glad this all falls under safety now - not HR. I hated handling this and listening to the
That's interesting that it fall under safety and not HR- how does that work? Since it involves termination at times, it must involve HR at least a little?

It's handled by both our Safety and HR departments where I work- the on-site OHS nurse co-ordinates the drug testing (both pre-employment and after incidents; we can't do randoms legally) and she along with someone from HR deals with rebab referrals and the like, and of course HR deals with the question of termination.

The amount of people we send to rehab, for drugs or alcohol is staggering.....the number of times they relapse is even more staggering.

ETA: not that it is at ALL surprising that someone who is an addict would relapse following employer-mandated rehab...duh

Last edited by Rissask; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:21 AM..
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #52 (permalink)
añejo
 
TAPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 22,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
That's interesting that it fall under safety and not HR- how does that work? Since it involves termination at times, it must involve HR at least a little?

It's handled by both our Safety and HR departments where I work- the on-site OHS nurse co-ordinates the drug testing (both pre-employment and after incidents; we can't do randoms legally) and she along with someone from HR deals with rebab referrals and the like, and of course HR deals with the question of termination.

The amount of people we send to rehab, for drugs or alcohol is staggering.....the number of times they relapse is even more staggering.
We do the terming.
TAPPY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #53 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
Personally, I don't want to put my life in the hands of anyone smoking the weed that is around today. It is much more powerful than what was around when I smoked. I hope the states that are legalizing it are also putting some restrictions on its use, like alcohol.

Still waiting for what you meant by this comment.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #54 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
Still waiting for what you meant by this comment.
Sorry, I don't speak "idiot" so I can't translate it into that language for you. Maybe you can get an online dictionary or something to help you out.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #55 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
Still waiting for what you meant by this comment.
The second sentence didn't help you understand?

I thought what he meant was pretty clear (and certainly after bearcat's story)...he meant that today's pot is way stronger, and therefore affects people differently, more quickly, and differently.

https://www.livescience.com/53644-ma...years-ago.html


Quote:

The increase in marijuana's potency may have some negative health consequences for marijuana users, especially young ones, ElSohly said.
When a person smokes marijuana with lower doses of THC, "it is a pleasant feeling; it is the munchies, the happiness," ElSohly told Live Science. But smoking marijuana with high doses of THC may involve a higher risk of negative health effects, such as psychosis or panic attacks, he said.

There are several likely factors behind the increase in marijuana potency in the illicit market, ElSohly said. For one, "the higher the THC content is, the more expensive the product," he said. Therefore, the ability to charge more for marijuana with high THC content is an incentive for cannabis growers to select for and grow those varieties of plants that have a high THC content.
Moreover, pot smokers often develop a tolerance for THC, which means that, over time, they need increasingly higher doses of THC to get high, ElSohly said. These people create a demand for more and more potent varieties of pot.

Previous research has also shown that the potency of marijuana, including the marijuana sold in states where its recreational use is now legal, has increased over the years. For example, in a study presented in March 2015 at a meeting of the American Chemical Society, researchers said they found that samples of marijuana in Colorado contained as much as 30 percent THC. In comparison, the levels of THC in marijuana 30 years ago were generally below 10 percent, the researchers said.

I'd have to say I wouldn't want to be working or driving (or even hanging out with someone under the effects of it, if they were negative ones)- would you?
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #56 (permalink)
añejo
 
PlayadelSolDos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissask View Post
The second sentence didn't help you understand?

I thought what he meant was pretty clear (and certainly after bearcat's story)...he meant that today's pot is way stronger, and therefore affects people differently, more quickly, and differently.

https://www.livescience.com/53644-ma...years-ago.html





I'd have to say I wouldn't want to be working or driving (or even hanging out with someone under the effects of it, if they were negative ones)- would you?
Thanks for chicksplaining that one for me.
PlayadelSolDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #57 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
Sorry, I don't speak "idiot" so I can't translate it into that language for you. Maybe you can get an online dictionary or something to help you out.
Idiotic post you made. I can see why you would make up a bullshit excuse.

Reefer Madness? Do you think people will be crazed out of their mind? So much ignorance and stupidity.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #58 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
Still waiting for what you meant by this comment.
Airline pilot
cab driver
ferry boat captain
train engineer

A Google of each of these operating under the influence would be easy for you to do.
Let's increase their opportunity to endanger lives.
LilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #59 (permalink)
Canada Dry
 
Rissask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 56,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos View Post
Thanks for chicksplaining that one for me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
Idiotic post you made. I can see why you would make up a bullshit excuse.

Reefer Madness? Do you think people will be crazed out of their mind? So much ignorance and stupidity.
dude, really?

I am starting to see why some people get frustrated by you.

Do you think that it is NOT true that today's pot is stronger?

Do you think it's not logical to not want to have your safety in the hands if someone high on it?
Rissask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #60 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilG View Post
Airline pilot
cab driver
ferry boat captain
train engineer

A Google of each of these operating under the influence would be easy for you to do.
Let's increase their opportunity to endanger lives.

Who is advocating marijuana use and then operating a vehicle of any kind while stoned? Or going to work stoned?

The THC that causes cerebral effects is different from the THC that is stored in tHe body in fat that is detected longer term.

An actual marijuana high from smoking might last 1 to 3 hours. The effect after smoking is very quick, within minutes. Edibles take longer to breakdown and enter bloodstream and can last 3 to 8 hours.

Trying to suggest that someone who has smoked marijuana is a crazed madmen is just ignorance.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.