Playa del Carmen, Mexico's virtual guidebook written by locals
 

Go Back   www.Playa.info > Off Topic Stuff > General Off-Topic Stuff
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2018   #106 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve balt View Post
That is what the Dems usually do ,,just watch
Train Wreck coming. Republicans determined to keep the foot on the pedal.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018   #107 (permalink)
añejo
 
MikeW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moorpark, CA
Posts: 14,154
One of the side effects of the legalization is the cost of commercial real estate is soaring. Since the monies involved in "legal" marijuana cannot be put into a bank, because it's illegal, the marijuana business is looking for ways to invest. One is to get into real estate. The cost of commercial real estate is getting out of hand in California due to the legalization of marijuana. There is going to be a new crisis.

Oh and Mike Tyson has purchased 40 acres in California City to grow marijuana. I didn't know anything would grow in California City.
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018   #108 (permalink)
añejo
 
Skiptown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the Columbia and Snake Meet
Posts: 5,480
Benton County Washington put a hold after 4 shops opened up thus giving an almost monopoly on the market. The first and most popular store takes in about $100,000 per month. He ran for city council and spent $86,000 on winning a seat that pays $36,000 per year. The latest is that he has bought an old bank and a armored car to transport and store his money. I drive by this store and the parking lot is packed every time.
There is no putting this genie back in the bottle.
Skiptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018   #109 (permalink)
añejo
 
MikeW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moorpark, CA
Posts: 14,154
i used to work in an office building that at some point had a suite rented out for a Medical Marijuana Dispensary. The parking lot would fill up on Friday afternoons. A lot more people are sick on Friday's and weekends as compared to mid-week. About 1/20 customers seemed like they might have a physical ailment. They were broken into more than once. Supposed to be non-profit in California but the owners drove some nice cars.
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018   #110 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
i used to work in an office building that at some point had a suite rented out for a Medical Marijuana Dispensary. The parking lot would fill up on Friday afternoons. A lot more people are sick on Friday's and weekends as compared to mid-week. About 1/20 customers seemed like they might have a physical ailment. They were broken into more than once. Supposed to be non-profit in California but the owners drove some nice cars.
Have you seen the cars and houses that ministers of non-profits have?

Non-profits can pay the employees a lot of money. Owners could be employees of the non-profit.

People are under the false impression that working for a non-profit means terrible wages.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018   #111 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 76,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post

People are under the false impression that working for a non-profit means terrible wages.
It often does mean lower wages than could be made in the private sector.
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018   #112 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
It often does mean lower wages than could be made in the private sector.
Sometimes. Sometimes non-profits pay out bonuses to use the excess money so they can maintain their non-profit status.
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018   #113 (permalink)
¡No mames güey!
 
roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 76,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
Sometimes. Sometimes non-profits pay out bonuses to use the excess money so they can maintain their non-profit status.
When I was a non-profit CEO that was never a problem and we never gave out bonuses
roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018   #114 (permalink)
añejo
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
When I was a non-profit CEO that was never a problem and we never gave out bonuses
Sure. But not all non-profits are like that.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1287...-get-paid.html
Stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.