www.Playa.info

www.Playa.info (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/)
-   General Off-Topic Stuff (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/general-off-topic-stuff/)
-   -   Computer geek thread (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/76080-computer-geek-thread.html)

beerbreath 12-01-2016 11:20 PM

Computer geek thread
 
Anything computers.Ask,learn we are all on them.

I find myself using Linux more than windows lately.It is harder to learn but it opens a whole new world.

steve balt 12-02-2016 07:44 AM

Will you have internet in your new country ? :joker:

beerbreath 12-02-2016 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve balt (Post 2160915)
Will you have internet in your new country ? :joker:

Seriously we have one of the worst wifi systems of any major country.

Babaloo 12-02-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerbreath (Post 2160916)
Seriously we have one of the worst wifi systems of any major country.

As in free public wifi?

roni 12-02-2016 08:24 AM

I use the Mac OS. Anytime time I want to use unix I can be open the Terminal program and use it's native Unix. Linux is available for those who want to use an inferior OS.

That is all

Mnbruce 12-02-2016 08:48 AM

I am in no way a computer geek, nor do I want to be. I use Windows and it does everything I need it to.

roni 12-02-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaloo (Post 2160919)
As in free public wifi?

We have free public wifi in all of our parques in Merida

eccentrictinker 12-02-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roni (Post 2160922)
We have free public wifi in all of our parques in Merida

What colour is your parque? ;)

beerbreath 12-02-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaloo (Post 2160919)
As in free public wifi?

Yes.Hey how is you're Kodi working?

beerbreath 12-02-2016 10:31 AM

I have duel boot,Ubuntu and Windows 10.

A new Browser that is getting rave reviews is Slimjet,you may want to check it out.

beerbreath 12-02-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roni (Post 2160920)
I use the Mac OS. Anytime time I want to use unix I can be open the Terminal program and use it's native Unix. Linux is available for those who want to use an inferior OS.

That is all

90% of computer experts disagree.Linux is the choice for geeks.

beerbreath 12-02-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mnbruce (Post 2160921)
I am in no way a computer geek, nor do I want to be. I use Windows and it does everything I need it to.

That's fine,but just know Linux is much safer.

Dan-0 12-02-2016 11:06 AM

I don't know anything about Linux but I use my Chromebook for about everything and have yet to have any problems. My favorite pieces of tech right now are my Roku media players which let me cut the cord and get Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu, etc. without having cable.

beerbreath 12-02-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan-0 (Post 2160934)
I don't know anything about Linux but I use my Chromebook for about everything and have yet to have any problems. My favorite pieces of tech right now are my Roku media players which let me cut the cord and get Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu, etc. without having cable.

You need to look into Kodi,it blows Roku away.And it's 100% free.

MikeW 12-02-2016 11:30 AM

I like my Mac, plenty of applications written for it to make it usable. I don't like what Apple has done with some of the Unix system tools on it, but I can survive. I abhor Windows. I also like Linux, just don't think the applications available for Linux are workstation worthy or easy to use. Linux was a toy operating system 20 years ago, but has become robust and useful as a server especially over the last 10 years.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.