www.Playa.info

www.Playa.info (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/)
-   General - Playa del Carmen (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/general-playa-del-carmen/)
-   -   Those Tourist Just Keep Coming....... (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/77053-those-tourist-just-keep-coming.html)

Babaloo 09-01-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZGonzo (Post 2191826)
What do we need to show to get a discount? Will my Playacarian card work? :)

Local i.d. or at many places your residency card.

Years ago I tried showing only my CFE bill and they giggled. I took that as a "No." :)

beerbreath 09-01-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaloo (Post 2191827)
Local i.d. or at many places your residency card.

Years ago I tired showing only my CFE bill and they giggled. I took that as a "No." :)

It used to be most just knew you were local and gave you the discount.

Babaloo 09-01-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerbreath (Post 2191828)
It used to be most just knew you were local and gave you the discount.

And when was this?
When Playa was a sleepy fishing village where everyone knew your name?

Bluespicker 09-01-2017 02:59 PM

Norm!:joker:

PlayadelSolDos 09-01-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaloo (Post 2191831)
And when was this?
When Playa was a sleepy fishing village where everyone knew your name?

You remember those days, right? I used to go to the local baseball games and just wink at the guy as I passed, slip him 20 pesos and he would put us right behind home plate along with the other 35 people.

absoluteAL 09-01-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos (Post 2191840)
You remember those days, right? I used to go to the local baseball games and just wink at the guy as I passed, slip him 20 pesos and he would put us right behind home plate along with the other 35 people.

The ball field where MEGA is? I remember it. Wish that it was still there.

PlayadelSolDos 09-01-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absoluteAL (Post 2191841)
The ball field where MEGA is? I remember it. Wish that it was still there.

That's the one. For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the team. The Cancun team, at the time, was the Langosteros (I still have my hat) but they have since gone Tigres. Unfortunately, baseball games in Playa are now way out by the Taxistas and the charm is not there like it was when it was downtown.

Ask fraudbreath. I am sure he went to some games with Grady, Capt. Dave and Alfalfa from the Little Rascals. He even got the latter to sing Take me Out to the Ballgame in Spanish during the 7th inning stretch. :joker:

ryberg 09-01-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZGonzo (Post 2191826)
What do we need to show to get a discount? Will my Playacarian card work? :)

INE, if you got one. Just picked up my new one today. :D

absoluteAL 09-01-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayadelSolDos (Post 2191844)
That's the one. For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the team. The Cancun team, at the time, was the Langosteros (I still have my hat) but they have since gone Tigres. Unfortunately, baseball games in Playa are now way out by the Taxistas and the charm is not there like it was when it was downtown.

Ask fraudbreath. I am sure he went to some games with Grady, Capt. Dave and Alfalfa from the Little Rascals. He even got the latter to sing Take me Out to the Ballgame in Spanish during the 7th inning stretch. :joker:

Not Buckwheat? :joker:
Actually, one of the Our Gang and Little Rascals died about a month ago:Leonard Landy Dead: ‘Our Gang’ Actor Was 84 | Variety

beerbreath 09-01-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaloo (Post 2191831)
and when was this?
When playa was a sleepy fishing village where everyone knew your name?

2001,but it did change shortly there after.But I always got it at the old Capt.Dave's.
Do you remember Grady?

Babaloo 09-01-2017 06:09 PM

I may have to back up on my claim about this being a normal low season.
For the first time in Wah Wah's 5 1/2 year history, they are closing every night at 7:00.
No live music at night.
Previously, they were offering live music four nights a week.
They've never seen it this slow.
I stand corrected.

Babaloo 09-01-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerbreath (Post 2191857)
2001,but it did change shortly there after.But I always got it at the old Capt.Dave's.
Do you remember Grady?

Of course I remember Grady.
He still shows up every now and then.

james 09-01-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaloo (Post 2191794)
It is the slowest time of the year.

Not surprising 5th Ave. was quiet.

Everyone complains about this time of year.

Septihambre

beerbreath 09-01-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaloo (Post 2191863)
Of course I remember Grady.
He still shows up every now and then.

I hope he shows up this winter when I'm there.
Does he still wear the cowboy boots with shorts?:joker:

Babaloo 09-01-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerbreath (Post 2191865)
I hope he shows up this winter when I'm there.
Does he still wear the cowboy boots with shorts?:joker:

Yes he does. :)
He's not in the best of health.
He would show up to play but never lasted very late.
It's been over a year since I've seen him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.