www.Playa.info

www.Playa.info (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/)
-   Trip Reports: US and Canada (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/trip-reports-us-canada/)
-   -   Sedona (http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/77180-sedona.html)

Mnbruce 11-19-2017 01:35 AM

Sedona
 
Nobody really does trip reports anymore, but maybe someone will stumble across this one. Matt did an awesome report from Sedona last year, but I guess it does not hurt to have another report from such a beautiful area. As usual, my report will be mostly photos with just a little commentary.


Our base was the Inn of Sedona, which is a Best Western Plus . Location was great, staff was very nice, breakfasts were good and the views from outside our room were wonderful. The fire pits are a nice touch. Both sunrise and sunset can be enjoyed from the hotel.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...IMG_6448-L.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_5363-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_5390-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6061-XL.jpg

Mnbruce 11-19-2017 02:06 AM

A couple of mornings I got up early, got out of the room and took a drive. The area was all new to me, so I was never sure what I would come across.

One morning I went down Dry Creek Road towards Boynton Canyon. As I approached the canyon I saw the hot air balloons. I thought I would keep an eye on them while driving around.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6143-XL.jpg


https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6149-XL.jpg

I drove further down the canyon to see if I could get some closer shots as the hovered around the red rocks. I stopped at a small parking lot to watch for a little while. As it turned out, that area was where the balloons were going to land. A few spotter trucks with trailers showed up to prepared for the landings.

I took a few photos from that location.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6248-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6237-XL.jpg

There was one hovering overhead, and as it started to descend it appeared to be coming down right on top of me. I was wondering how I was going to explain the damage to my rental car. :)

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6273-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6268-XL.jpg

Luckily it landed about 50 ft. away. A few other balloons touched down close also.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6289-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6354-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...MG_6357-XL.jpg

Mnbruce 11-20-2017 09:02 AM

The area around Sedona is stunning. My photos do not do it justice.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...IMG_5925-L.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...IMG_6496-L.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...IMG_5733-L.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sedona/i-...IMG_5879-L.jpg

TAPPY 11-22-2017 08:25 AM

Beautiful pics....I think I would love this. But I gotta say that looks like to many people in the basket.

Mnbruce 11-22-2017 07:40 PM

I was shocked when I saw the number of people in that basket. I would not do that with more than two other people, and preferably no others.

We were supposed to be there for three days, but while there we realized one more day was going to be needed. That one extra day turned a very nice trip into an awesome one.

PCANNIE 11-27-2017 03:07 PM

Beautiful pictures as per usual. The scenery is breathtaking. I must agree with your thoughts on the number of bodies in that basket, way to many for my comfort zone lol.

Susie Q Roo 12-06-2017 11:15 AM

Breathtaking! Thank you, Bruce! I'll be there again someday...

Rissask 12-08-2017 07:59 AM

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous place.

Did you poke around in the (man) galleries in town? I remember seeing some absolutely beautiful photos of the night sky/Milky Way over Sedona in one shop. Was tempted to buy one until I saw the price tags. :D


Sorta like this one but much nicer...


http://www.darksky.org/wp-content/up...px-700x366.png

Mnbruce 12-16-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCANNIE (Post 2201472)
Beautiful pictures as per usual. The scenery is breathtaking. I must agree with your thoughts on the number of bodies in that basket, way to many for my comfort zone lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Q Roo (Post 2202075)
Breathtaking! Thank you, Bruce! I'll be there again someday...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rissask (Post 2202206)
Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous place.

Did you poke around in the (man) galleries in town? I remember seeing some absolutely beautiful photos of the night sky/Milky Way over Sedona in one shop. Was tempted to buy one until I saw the price tags. :D


Sorta like this one but much nicer...


http://www.darksky.org/wp-content/up...px-700x366.png

Thanks to to all!

Yes Riss, I did check out those galleries with those amazing images. Wow.

I was hoping to see, not photograph, some skies like those but it just did not happen while I was there. We have nights like that up at the lake and I would imagine you see some like that near where you live also. Those kind of skies take my breath away.

Rissask 12-19-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mnbruce (Post 2203126)
Thanks to to all!

Yes Riss, I did check out those galleries with those amazing images. Wow.

I was hoping to see, not photograph, some skies like those but it just did not happen while I was there. We have nights like that up at the lake and I would imagine you see some like that near where you live also. Those kind of skies take my breath away.

I see northern lights quite often but the stars aren't that visible from where I live. You'd be surprised how even a small city like mine makes enough light pollution to hamper the visibility of the stars. :(

But we have a couple of those 'Dark Sky Preserves' in the southern part of the province- I want to go check one of them out next summer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.